After I got back from the Woodstock Fruit Festival a couple years back, I acquired a new found love of coconuts. In the pastevery time I tried coconuts I never really liked them. They tasted “alright” but never drove me to go and eat more.
Now however, I am fully enjoying coconuts and exploring the possibilities of using them in recipes. After finishing off the water of multiple young and mature coconuts I decided to ponder on what kind of concoctions I could come up with. I thought for a while, but in the end realized that the more simple the better.
- 1 Mature Coconut
- 1 Young Coconut
- 1/2 or 1 pound of Leafy Greens
- Open the coconuts and save at least 1 cup of the water
- Remove the inner meat of both coconuts
- Place the meat of the coconuts and 1/2 cup of coconut water in your food processor (or blender)
- Blend the meat/water adding extra coconut water until a smooth but thick consistency is achieved
- Place you greens in a large bowl
- Pour your coconut “sauce” on top of the greens
This recipe really exemplifies the idea that the more simple a recipe can be, the better it is.
“It seems that perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away. ”
— Antoine de Saint-Exupéry: Terre des hommes
The fresh greens along with the coconut work extremely well together bringing a unique taste to the table. The coconut meat is a bit higher in fat, thereby bringing along a thick texture, and the added coconut water makes the whole thing absolutely delicious. I recommend you try this recipe out, especially considering how easy it is to make!
After Trying This Raw Vegan “Cottage Cheese” Salad:
Don’t forget about your friends! Click down below and share this delicious recipe!